503, WING A/15, Planet Millennium, Pimple Saudagar, Pune–411027, Maharashtra, India.
+91 - 8983890061, 8793766061
Mumbai | Pune
» SA 8000 Page ID : WP719 | Last Updated 30 May, 2023, 06:37AM
+91 - 8793766061
What is SA 8000?
Why a workplace Standard?
- Needed to standardize codes of conduct; inconsistencies resulted from lack of grounding in international human rights norms.
- Competing codes of conduct created supplier confusion.
- Needed a standardize verification system to ensure ongoing compliance (i.e. companies) taken a task for having a code, but not upholding it)
- Without certification as a goal, corrective actions were often delayed or not taken.
SA 8000 Mission
- Improve working conditions globally; promote respect for workerâ€™s rights.
- Provide universal standard in all business and country sectors.
- Work in partnership with human rights and labor organizations worldwide.
- Provide an incentive which benefits the business and consumer community though a "win/win" approach.
SA 8000 KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Be senior management led.
- Be focused on continuous improvement.
- Be focused on prevention rather than reaction.
- Be supportive of workersâ€™ rights and workers participation.
- Be compliant with local laws/codes.
- Be proactive in promoting ethical sourcing.
- Be systematic in addressing problems-CARs Process.
Benefits of SA 8000 to Manufacturers and Suppliers :
- Marketing advantage â€“ more demand and value for goods from socially.
- Responsible manufacturers/suppliers.
- Enhancement of companyâ€™s productivity.
- Compliance to the laws of the land.
- Improvement of relationship with the Govt., NGOs, trade unions.
- Better image and position in labour market.
Benefits for the Retailers :
- Cost reduction in monitoring.
- Better corporate image.
- Increased value for the products.
- Trust building with the analysts and investors when evaluated against social performance.
For more information, Kindly mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact us at +91 â€“ 8983890061 to get your organization SA 8000 certified in the most effective and efficient manner while realizing the true benefits of the certification using our specialized implementation methodology that is less time consuming, fast, easy to understand and implement, result oriented, time bound and cost effective.