503, WING A/15, Planet Millennium, Pimple Saudagar, Pune–411027, Maharashtra, India.
+91 - 8983890061, 8793766061
Mumbai | Pune
What is Trademark Registration?
The Trade Marks Registry was established in India in 1940 and presently it administers the Trade Marks Act, 1999 and the rules thereunder. It acts as a resource and information centre and is a facilitator in matters relating to trade marks in the country.
A trademark is the mark, logo or trade name which identifies your business to your customers. A trademark registration is valid all over India. Even though the registration of a trademark is not compulsory, it has significant advantages:
- Registration of the mark creates a presumption of your ownership of the mark.
- Registration in India will be needed before registering your trademark in other countries.
- You can only use the Â® symbol if you have a registered trademark. (Note if your trademark is not yet registered, you can put â„¢ symbol next to it).
- Your trademark and your goodwill is an important part of the value of your business. Any serious investor would do an intellectual property (IP) audit to check whether your IP is sufficiently protected.
Steps for Registering your Trademark
- Authorize a lawyer to act as your agent.
- The lawyer will conduct a search with the Trademark Office to check if there are any similar trademarks already registered under that particular class. There are two kinds of search: online and offline. It is recommended that you get both the searches done. Make sure the lawyer understands your business and is using the right keywords for this search.
- Depending upon the results of the search, the lawyer will draft your trademark application. In case someone already has the same or similar trademark, you may have to change yours. Or if you think that the trademark is rightfully yours, your lawyer will help you oppose that trademark. These days since most businesses also reserve domain names while registering their companies and brands, so it is generally easy to find out beforehand whether someone else is using an intended trademark.
- The lawyer will file your trademark application with the Trademark Office and send you the receipt.
- After a few days, the lawyer will send you the Original Representation Sheet of your trademark as it has been filed with the Trademark Office.
- After this process starts the long wait. It can take anywhere between 18 months to 2 years for the Trademark Office to decide whether or not to grant you the trademark; if there are objections from the trademark office or from anyone else, it may take longer. At the end of this process, your trademark is published in the Trademark Journal.
For more information, Kindly mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact us at +91 â€“ 8983890061 to get Trademark Registration for your product in the most effective and efficient manner while realizing the true benefits of the certification using our specialized implementation methodology that is less time consuming, fast, easy to understand and implement, result oriented, time bound and cost effective.